LIVING IN LANDSCAPES: KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICE, IMAGINATION.
Riga & Liepaja. 23-27 August 2010
Statement of the conference
- Landscape as home
- Contemporary approaches to historical geography
- The interaction of cultures in landscapes
- Landscape heritage: theory and practice
- Politics of landscapes in European and local contexts
- Urban and rural characteristics in landscapes
- Economic progress and sustainability during a global crisis
- Environmental Issues and landscapes, including changes in climate, land use, and ways of living
The conference is addressed to geographers, ecologists, social scientists, humanists, artists, landscape architects, historians, archaeologists, landscape managers and planners, as well as other scholars and practitioners interested in European landscapes.