The ARC International Wildlife Crossing Infrastructure Design Competition selected five finalist teams to progress to Phase 2 of the competition, which commenced September 7th, 2010. The finalist teams were chosen from 36 team submissions from nine countries, representing over 100 firms worldwide. The five teams in contention included more than a dozen firms in four countries.
The five finalist teams were:
- Balmori Associates (New York) http://www.balmori.com/with StudioMDA, Knippers Helbig Inc., David Skelly, CITA, Bluegreen, John A. Martin & Associates, and David Langdon.
- The Olin Studio (Philadelphia) http://www.theolinstudio.com/with Explorations Architecture (Paris), Buro Happold (London) and Applied Ecological Services.
- Janet Rosenberg & Associates (Toronto) http://www.jrala.ca/with Blackwell Bowick Partnership, Dougan & Associates, and Ecokare International.
- HNTB with Michael Van Valkenburgh & Associates (New York) http://www.hntb.com/ and http://www.mvvainc.com/with Applied Ecological Services, Inc.
- Zwarts & Jansma Architects (Amsterdam)http://www.zwarts.jansma.nl/index.php?lang=enwith OKRA Landscape Architects, IV-infra and Planecologie